Thank you for your interest in working with the Bridge Collective
Community Development Workers – no current vacancies (last updated 9.10.19)
We currently employ 7 regular part time employees: community development workers. We last recruited Community Development Workers in September 2018. See below for an example job pack from our most recent recruitment.
Experts by Experience speakers – current vacancies
In the Experts by Experience project there are opportunities for being part of a team developing and delivering workshops together.
We talk with people attending our workshops about our experiences, beliefs and feelings that have sometimes been labelled as mental illness and/or our experience of supporting a friend or family member. Sometimes this work can be paid work.
Due to ‘service user- involvement work’ being a special category of work, there are opportunities for speakers to take part in one of the following ways: bank work employee, self-employed or voluntary. If you are interested in joining the Experts by Experience workshop team as a speaker:
Click here for more information: Experts by Experience
Tel: Gill – 07939 991035, Sarah – 07939 991051
Volunteer Roles – no current vacancies (last updated 9.10.19)
Volunteer recruitment is currently closed while we update our recruitment principles and practices.
Directors (voluntary role) – next recruitment May 2020
For more information email see our Director Team page
Recruitment for the following position has now closed
The closing date was Thursday 9th August 2018
Example job pack from our last recruitment
Community Development Worker: Experts by Experience (17 month post, 9hrs/week)
How to apply
To apply please email email@example.com or post to The Bridge Collective C.I.C., Unit 4 King Street Business Centre,Exeter EX1 1BH and enclose:
- Completed applicant details form
- Completed references form
- A concise letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this post, with reference to the job description and job specification.
- Your current CV. Please explain any gaps in work history; experiences other than work are valued too.
- Job advert: Community Development: Experts by Experience
- How the Bridge Collective works
- Person Specification
- Job Description
- Applicant details form (doc)
- Applicant details (pdf)
- References Form (doc)
- References Form (pdf)
- Criminal record declaration form (doc)
- Criminal record declaration form (pdf)
- Key-holder responsibilities
- ‘Creating a community’ – article written by the Bridge Collective published in Asylum – the magazine for democratic psychiatry (Spring 2014)
- Information about our Experts by Experience project