August 2018 update:
Underground Sound project development.
We are working on developing the new shape of our music project.
Playing music together:
At the moment the equipment available to play is acoustic and percussion. Watch this space for when electric drums, electric guitars, keyboards, decks, computers and recording booth are up and running.
Underground Sound working party dates:
Fri 3rd Aug 2018 2-4pm,
Fri 7th Sept 2018 2-4pm.
Tel: Nicola on 07812 439818 for more information.
Current things we’re working on:
- Electronic music equipment maintenance and health & safety
- Music equipment training needs
- Budget for Underground Sound project October 2018-March 2019 (to be confirmed)
- Recruiting an Underground Sound Project Development worker (how many hours per week?)
- Time for conversation by conversation – talking about the culture and shape of the project
- Combined vision for enjoying and make music together with the budget and skills we have
- Building a recruitment team
- Working towards volunteer recruitment in Underground Sound and the Bridge as a whole
- Decluttering the computer hard drive: we’ve got approximately 5,000 recordings on our hard drive!
- Opportunity to add songs recorded over the last 10 years to the Underground Sound Soundcloud
Recruitment planning dates:
Planning recruitment for combined role: music project development job, volunteer coordinator development job. Fri 3rd Aug 2-4pm. All welcome.
To find out What’s On at the Bridge Collective: http://www.bridgecollective.org.uk/whats-on/
Underground Sound History 2007-2017
Run as a drop-in project with an emphasis on music and other arts. We have a range of musical instruments including acoustic and electric guitars, keyboards, percussion instruments, electric drums as well as decks, amplifiers, a selection of records, and a recording booth.
We’ve a large comfortable room (The Crow’s Nest) that transforms into a music space for Underground sound sessions. With a second room with hot and cold drink making facilities available.
The project began as a space for for young people over 18 who are experiencing or have experienced mental health difficulties as well as their friends, family and anyone who has an interest in mental health and music. The project has grown to include people over 18 of any age with an interest in music and mental health.
The project provides opportunities for individuals to benefit from being part of a group, from learning new skills and from being creative using musical expression. It also helps to develop and build upon existing talents, making connections in the local community, learning from others and forming friendships which extend outside of the project.
Here’s our Underground Sound – soundcloud:
Take a listen!:
Some of our past events:
UNDERGROUND SOUND mini FEST
Sunday 1st June 2014 some of Underground Sound joined people performing at Respect Festival on the community stage.
“It was Fun! A great vibe, everyone seemed willing to pitch in and there was a real sense of doing something together. The performances and performers were Brilliant!”
“There was amazing patience and cool while technical difficulties were sorted out “
We’re updating our website – Please come back soon!